Social networks as a political tool
The popular social networks such as Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, blogging and video platforms are used by politicians for political engagement.
As a result, politicians found in the social networks a new way to connect their constituents and began to deconstruct their connections with the traditional media.
Social media such as Twitter and Facebook focusing on the individual politicians rather than on the political party.
Parmelee and Bichard (2012) who investigated the influence of Twitter on the relations between politicians and the public claimed that social media in general and Twitter, in particular, has changed political communication. That’s to say, that Twitter became to be a new tool and way for the politician-citizen interaction. According to Rauchfleish and Metag (2015), one of the main advantages of using as a communication tool is that it has not gatekeepers like in traditional mass media and it can be used more freely. Today email marketing is one of the primary ways that businesses stay in touch with customers and partners. However, managing your own email marketing can be cumbersome and time consuming. Trying to stay on top of the constant changes in an email marketing address list can be a full time job. Then there are the challenges involved in composing and sending out effective emails. How do you ensure that people will read it? How do you get them to respond? How do you know how many recipients have responded? Fortunately you don’t have to do all of this alone. A cloud-based firm that specializes in business to business communications can make your job a lot easier – and your campaigns a lot more effective. You can read the Sprout24`s latest blog post here to get the details of email marketing.
Elements of a Successful Email:
- Subject Line: This may seem like only a small part of your email marketing project, but it’s one of the most important. 40% of a recipient’s decision to open a given piece of email is based on the subject and send-from address. If they don’t open the email, it’s not going to do you much good. So, it’s important to spend some time on the subject line and make sure it’s effective and accurate.
- Call to Action: Another 40% of the response to your email marketing campaign is driven by how interesting and compelling recipients find your call to action. A call to action is an offer you’re making to the recipient – or an opportunity for them to respond in some way. It might be a white paper or the chance to register for a free webinar. Or it might be “please call me at…” or “please email me at….” Or “register for our conference at….” However, the best calls to action in email marketing are the ones with links right in the email. This allows you to automatically track the response to the email and see how well your call to action works.
- Content: The text and images in your email need to be informative and useful to your recipients. The email marketing texts must be well-written and concise. While recipients expect an emailed newsletter to be fairly long, they would expect other kinds of emails to get to the point quickly. If the email marketing piece is too long, your reader will simply stop reading – maybe before getting to the important information.
- Visual Appeal: Any pictures you include in your email marketing piece might seem like a non-essential element, but they are a vital component of making your email visually interesting. And, captions of pictures are one of the first things people read in an email, so they pack a lot of punch. You also want your emails to be well-laid out, visually appealing, and attractive. You need to be able to create beautiful emails in either html or plain text – since some recipients will only accept emails in one format or another. Good email marketing companies will have templates and tools to help you create beautiful emails.
- Avoid Spam: If your email marketing piece is flagged as spam, it won’t make it to your recipient. Even worse, it could be in violation of CAN-SPAM regs. In order to avoid being caught in the spam filter or sent to the spam folder, make sure your header and subject line are accurate. Include a valid opt-out method. Certain words are more likely to trigger a spam designation; you should know what they are so you can avoid them. Spam designations can damage your business’s reputation and the acceptance rate of future campaigns.
Elements of a Successful Email Marketing Campaign:
So you’ve created a visually pleasing, compelling, and effective email that you want to send out to your email marketing list. Now what? You could take the time and effort to send it out yourself. Or, you could hire a company to do it for you. Such businesses simplify the process considerably. They will maintain your list of subscribers, deleting invalid addresses or unsubscribe requests. They will provide easy-to-use templates that will help you create attractive email pieces. They will track responses to your email campaign – even recording which recipients opened the emails. They can monitor the results of your campaign so that you can make the next email marketing campaign even more effective.
The use of social networks is important for gaining power
The use of social networks is important for gaining power and legitimacy from the public. Therefore, it will not be a surprise that for example in Israel newcomers in parliament usually make frequent use of their websites and other social media.
Social media video is also an important a part of digital marknadsföring strategy to interact together with your audience. with video content being prioritised within the algorithms of all the social channels. Kickstart marketing agency provide Central Florida video marketing services to help grow your businesses with the wave of social media. If you’re not using our video marketing strategies then you are missing out and leaving money on the table. Click the button below and check out the videos we can do for you. You can check out our Video marketing services over here on our website. The video marketing concept is not a new concept in promoting products to customers but today it is considered as one of the hottest advertising propaganda. Visual presentation is much more attractive than plain text presentation. People tend to pay more attention to a video file compared to an image or plain text documentation. On that point of view, it is much more in demand as a marketing tool. People often use it as a tool to make a product or service more saleable. Video marketing services is a kind of advertising where videos are used to create a demand for a product and make it more attractive to the prospective market. Galaxy Marketing services helps a company to spread information about the product or service that it promotes as well as its nature and the benefits in using it. This video can be displayed in a company’s website or some other hosting sites where customer may able to view videos according to their interests. The most practical way to market through video is by posting a video in a popular host site like YouTube. A well known company can easily promote their new products through video marketing in the company’s official website. By hosting videos in the company’s website, people who are used to visiting the site can immediately realize that there is a new product. However, not so well known companies can get better opportunities in using a hosting site where they can upload their videos. It is wonderful as it creates an unrivaled bonding with customers through effective direct marketing.
At Hurricane, Sydney video production been honing YouTube marketing to assist brands reach and have interaction their fans since we founded our video agency over a decade ago – both organically and thru paid advertising. But now within the video-first environment, YouTube video production is competing with video content on other social media networks, notably Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, Snapchat, and Periscope.
The same scenario was found in Germany as well.
Politicians in Norway reported that they are using the social networks for marketing purposes, that’s to say – to promote themselves. They had to learn What is Digital Transformation? a Definition by Salesforce.com helped them out getting to know how an online presence helps their business.
However, as it was mentioned before, politicians using Twitter mostly in a unidirectional way when their main goal is to simulate the interpersonal communication with the society.
However, political journalists and politicians often use Twitter for communicating with each other due to the fact that they can reach each other in an easy way. Van Kessel and Castelein, claimed that politicians are using Twitter to voice their opinions when the tweets could be seen as a self-promoting tool.
Serie: Political battlefield – the social networks
The aim of this serie is to examine the previous researches and their methodologies of analyzing the use of social network “Twitter” by politicians and political parties and to suggest its own way for investigation.
- Part 1 of 4: Politicians and Twitter
- Part 3 of 4: Methodology of previous researches COMING SOON
Twitter versus RT: Which One is State Media Again?
Methodology of previous researches